Delicious, versatile, and so good for you, this paleo, keto mayo is quick and easy to make, and keeps for up to a couple of weeks in the fridge. I have some on hand at all times to make into various dips, dressings and sauces, or to mix into canned tuna or a couple of hard boiled eggs – just add some veggies for a quick, healthy, tasty lunch!
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice (~1/2 lemon), or 1 T white vinegar
- 1 cup mild-tasting oil (macadamia nut oil, avocado oil, filtered coconut oil, light olive oil, or any combo of these)
- a dash of onion powder (optional)
1. In a blender, combine the egg yolks, salt and mustard.
2. Add the lemon juice and blend.
3. With blender running, slowly (drop by drop) add the oil. Once the mayo starts to thicken, start adding oil in a small stream.
4. Presto! You have mayo!